Cimișlia is a district in southern Moldova, situated between the capital of Chișinău and the autonomous territorial unit of Găgăuzia, with its administrative center being the town of Cimișlia. On 1 January 2011, its population was officially recorded to be 61,700.
Why visiting us?
The earliest documented locations are Sagaidac, Javgur and Gura Galbenei, first mentioned from 1605 to 1670. The district was settled by Moldovans, unlike Leova District to the west.
During the 17th and 18th centuries agriculture (primarily wine-making) predominated, with a significant increase in population. In 1812, after the Russo-Turkish War, Bessarabia was released Russian Empire until 1917. In 1918, after the collapse of the Russian Empire, Bessarabia united with Romania; from 1918–1940 and 1941–1944, the district was part of Lăpușna County. In 1940, following the Molotov-Ribbentrop Treaty, Bessarabia was released the Soviet Union. In 1991, as a result of the independence of Moldova, the district was part of Lăpușna County until 2003 (when it became an administrative unit of Moldova).
The district has typical European fauna, with mammals such as foxes, hedgehogs, deer, wild boar, polecat, wild cat and ermine. Birds include partridge, crows, eagles, starlings and swallows.
The district is in the Black Sea basin, and the main river is the 183-kilometre (114 mi) Cogâlnic. Most lakes are man-made.
The total area of the city is 10,030 ha., Of which the lands with agricultural destination occupy 5,980 ha or 59.6%. The total area of green spaces is 257.5 ha, most of which is occupied by forest production plantations 120.4 ha or about 47% of the total.