Claimed by both the Republic of Moldova and the Transnistrian Moldavian Republic, the city is under the latter's administration, and functions as the seat of the Dubăsari District.
Why visiting us?
In 1812 the Treaty of Bucharest, Basarabia is occupied by the Russian Empire at this time (1812–1917), has an intense russification of the native population. In 1876–1877 is built spotted Prut between Ungheni (Moldova) and common Ungheni (Romania) Eiffel Bridge, designed by Gustave Eiffel, the creator of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Gustave Eiffel in this period, visit Ungheni.
Dubăsari is the site of one of the oldest settlements in Moldova, and the Transnistrian region. Stone Age artifacts have been found in the area, and there are several kurgans (presumed Scythian) around the city. First mentions of modern Dubăsari date to the beginning of the 16th century, as a fair populated by Moldavian peasants. The settlement became part of the Russian Empire in 1792, and was granted city status in 1795. It was part of Kherson Governorate from 1803 to 1922.
To the south of the city is located the Great Fountain, a protected area in the category of hydrological nature monuments.
District is located in the basin of the Prut River, crossed the Prut in west of district, the border with Romania over a distance of 80 km. The main tributary is Delia. Are 132 ponds. They come to the surface through wells 6170 (70 fountains) and 67 springs.