Quiet Forest
Blazon_criuleni.png

Criuleni

About Us

Criuleni is a district in the central part of Moldova, with the administrative center at Criuleni. As of January 1, 2011, its population was 73,100.

Waves on the Rocks

Why visiting us?

The first human settlements occurred in the administrative area today, still millennium III-II BC. In the fourteenth century, the region was ruled today by the Golden Horde, but by the end of the century after heavy fighting, horde is forced to leave the territory ruled.

History

In 1393 Prince of Moldavia Roman I is named "Prince of Moldavia, from the Carpathians to the sea (Black Sea)" The villages in the district with the oldest documentary attestation are Bălășești, Jevreni, Mascauti and Riscova, historically documented localities for the first time 1435–1436. 16th-18th centuries, the region is developing as peripherals of Principality of Moldova, but all is an important custom on the Nistru, the culture (to build the church), so there has been a significant increase in population. In 1812, after the Russo-Turkish War (1806-1812), is the occupation of Basarabia, Russian Empire during this period (1812–1917), there is an intense russification of the native population. In 1918 after the collapse of the Russian Empire, Bessarabia united with Romania in this period (1918–1940, 1941–1944), the district is part of the Chișinău County.

Biosphere

Typical European fauna characterized by: fox, hedgehog, badger, deer, wild boar, raccoon dog, less red deer, wildcat and wolf. From birds: stork, swan, hawk, starlings, gulls and others.

Hydrosphere

District is located in the Nistru river basin, which crosses the district in the west, the main tributaries that cross the district are: Răut River (286 km) and Bîc River (155 km). There are 62 fountains, fountains mine 5060 and 23 springs.

Lithosphere

The total area of the city is 10,030 ha., Of which the lands with agricultural destination occupy 5,980 ha or 59.6%. The total area of green spaces is 257.5 ha, most of which is occupied by forest production plantations 120.4 ha or about 47% of the total.