Dondușen is a district in the north of Moldova. Its administrative center is the city of Dondușeni. As of 2011, its population was 45,100.
Why visiting us?
The earliest attestations historical towns down in 1437 when the district is certified Teleșeuca village. Other localities that Arionești, Corbu, Crișcăuți, Horodiște and Tîrnova are documented during 1463–1470. In the following centuries district towns or developed both socially and culturally.
In 1812 the Treaty of Bucharest, Bessarabia is occupied by the Russian Empire as a district for more than 100 years (1812–1918) Russian administration fall. In spring 1888 construction start Bălți–Ocnița railway which ended in 1893. Railway history is closely linked to the city of Dondușeni during the years 1902–1905 the building near the railway station, built in 1892, held the construction of pumping station and water tower, two warehouses for grain and a ramp load, two kilometers of road and three houses. 1918 register a new page in the history of Bessarabia.
Fauna of district is typical European with a greater presence of foxes, hedgehogs, badger, wild boar, ferret rarely deer, raccoon dog and spotted deer. Of birds: storks, crow, tits, cop, starlings, swallows and others.
Located in the Nistru river basin district bordering the river only a small portion near the village Arioneşti. The main river crossing the district is Răut (286 km), which takes its origins from the confluence of two streams within 2 km east of the village Rediul Mare, at an altitude of 180 m, with tributaries Cubolta (103 km) and Cainari. Răut is the largest tributary of the Nistru. Most lakes are artificial origin.
The total area of the city is 10,030 ha., Of which the lands with agricultural destination occupy 5,980 ha or 59.6%. The total area of green spaces is 257.5 ha, most of which is occupied by forest production plantations 120.4 ha or about 47% of the total.