Drochia district is a district in the north of Moldova. Its administrative center is the city of Drochia. As of 2011, its population was 90,100.
Why visiting us?
The oldest historical attestations about the settlements in the district from the period 1443 to 1470 when the mentioned villages Cotova, Hasnasenii Mari, Mindic.
In the next century of growth followed both economic, cultural and demographic explosion, shown by the fact that 11 villages in the district had 3,000 inhabitants. After the Treaty of Bucharest in 1812, Bessarabia as Drochia district are occupied by the Russian Empire at this time there is a massive colonization by Ukrainians and Russians. In 1918 after the collapse of the Russian Empire, Bessarabia united with the motherland Romania. And in 1940, Bessarabia is again occupied by the USSR on the Molotov-Ribbentrop Treaty. After the 2004 census the population was 94.500 inhabitants of the district.
Fauna is characterized by the presence of such mammals such as fox, ferret, wild boar, deer, fallow deer, rabbit, weasel, and hedgehog; and in water bodies: muskrat and otter. For birds, there are: stork, crow, partridge, swallow, egret and swan. In the past the Balti steppe was populated by bustards. Now they have disappeared or are in a tiny number. The emblem of Drochia District is a bustard, from which comes the name of the district.
Drochia district is located in the Raut river basin (the largest tributary of the Nistru River), which has a length of 286 km, crossing tributaries of the district are along Raut, Cubolta (101 km) and Cainari (86 km). Most lakes in the district have artificial origin.
The total area of the city is 10,030 ha., Of which the lands with agricultural destination occupy 5,980 ha or 59.6%. The total area of green spaces is 257.5 ha, most of which is occupied by forest production plantations 120.4 ha or about 47% of the total.