Lone Mountain
stema.png

Rezina

About Us

Rezina is a district in the east of Moldova, with the administrative center at Rezina. Rezina is situated on the western bank of the Nistru river. As of 1 January 2011, its population was 52,600.

Wolf

Why visiting us?

The first human settlements on the territory of the district today appeared in the Neolithic era (7th-5th millennium BC). Near villages Solonceni, Echimăuţi and Stohnaia and found traces of the existence of territorial and cultural community of families of related tribes. Fertile soil, suitable for cattle breeding and agriculture, water and forests bank, which is a good shelter, were elements that favored flat settlements in these places.

History

District towns, with the earliest historical attestation are Horodiste and Pecişte documented during 1437–1466. The first evidence of Rezina, a village landlord, we find a document of 5 February 1495 that prince of Stephan the Great, strengthens his Toader, Rezina village where he was Alexa Vataman, at the mouth of Rezina river purchased from his relatives, grandchildren of the great Negrea 70 Tatars zloty. In the 16th-18th centuries, further develop the region's economic, cultural and shows a marked increase in the population. In 1812 Treaty of Bucharest divides Basarabia from the Principality of Moldova, the first being ceded to Russia. In 1918 after the collapse of the Russian Empire, Basarabia decide union with the motherland Romania, during this period (1918–1944) district, is part of Orhei County. Basarabia is again busy this time of the USSR after the Molotov-Ribbentrop Treaty.

Biosphere

Fauna are typical of Central Europe with: fox, badger, raccoon dog, deer, wild boar, red wolf, brown rat, marten, wild cat and others. Birds include: stork, egret, swan, wild duck, seagull, hawk, tits, raven, nightingale, eagle, starling, crow and owl.

Hydrosphere

District is located in the Nistru river basin, with its tributaries Saharna and Tipova, which crosses the district. In the district meet the waterfalls, springs and wells.